Monday, January 16, 2017

Musings About the Country's State

There are twenty-four hours in every day. We all have the same amount of time. We each choose different ways to use it. Sometimes we don't have  much choice but we do what we have to do.

 Recently, I have had days where I sooo wish I had more time to paint, but other responsibilities mandated that I do other things. (Sigh). It is the way of the world. It is often frustrating to realize that one must do things other than their passion, in order to do what is necessary to survive (pay the rent, buy food,....)

I have also been dealing with a feeling of hopelessness/helplessness about the state of our country, starting from the day I woke up and discovered that Hillary did not get elected. Rather, we will now have a person in the Oval office who is - in my and many other peoples' minds -  extremely unqualified for the job, to say the very least. (Don't get me started. I cannot even stomach stating his name.)

Fortunately, there is a glimmer of hope that maybe I will help to make an impact for change by attending the Women's March in DC this Saturday, Jan 21st, 2017, one day after I purposely miss his inauguration. I would rather watch mold grow on a toilet seat than to watch that sorry excuse for a man raise his right hand.

Do I sound bitter? I am screaming inside my brain in frustration! Since that election day, I have painted so many virtual paintings in my mind, if only for the sake of venting my frustration. Disturbing images fill my mind. Strong yellow streaks swoop through dark, night-blue sharp angles. Screaming reds shout out for help, between black-iron bars of political garbage. Icebergs melt, ... I cannot go on. It is too sad. May tomorrow hold a sweeter future than today.
(I wanted to paint up an image for this blog post but there was not time. I am certain that you readers can whip up some mental imagery in your own minds to illustrate this concept.)
-Enjoy the Color, Jeanne
Will I see you in DC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)