Monday, June 13, 2011

Grad Time's Over

Such a busy time of year!
This past week was filled with several events involving my high school graduate (awards ceremony, baccalaureate Mass, Grad ceremony, party,..)
Art-making time got pushed out of the way for a bit, I'm getting back on track now.

Becky's Dog-Not Yet Finished  12x9" Acrylic
One concept that has been on my mind has been one of "focus."
I don't know if I have a bit of ADHD, or am just scatterbrained,... but I often jump from one activity to another, feeling I need to do so, in order to keep my activities afloat. Or it might be that I want to grab every ounce I can out of this thing we call "Life" and I try not to waste one moment doing something worthwhile. There is so much that can be done!

My art journey consists of several different roads, and I sometimes wonder how I can travel them all sufficiently.
I teach painting classes at Michaels Arts & Crafts; I paint custom murals for folks who want them.
I just recently began a green project re-purposing cedar shingles into hand-painted signs.
I also paint portraits of people's pets. I have done some consulting work, for artists who need a little help getting their computer to work for them. And then there's those special projects which I lump into a "miscellaneous" category: I recently hand-lettered a quote on a homeowner's wall, painted a bookcase for a fundraiser. I have taught kids about making cyanotypes. Which of my readers remembers "Bahama Llama"?

My art life has been a real cornucopia, and lately I have been considering if I should focus my efforts a little more; narrow down my activities a bit in order to do a more proper job doing what I do.

Have you any thoughts? Any votes for what I should keep? Feedback is always welcomed on this blog. Just post a comment below.
(Now, I must get back to finishing Becky's dog portrait.)

BTW
If you have not yet signed up to receive my email newsletter but would like to, you can sign up easily by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)