Monday, April 25, 2011

Dragonfly Mural - Night Work

Dragonfly-1
Had a nice Easter dinner with my sibs, in-laws, nieces, nephews, and aunts. Most of my days are packed full of  so much to do. It was nice to relax for a change... Now I can't sleep! (It probably wasn't a smart decision to have coffee after dinner even if it was only half a cup!) So what to do? Why, paint, of course! I'm currently working on a dragonfly mural project for a soon-to-born baby boy's bedroom.. Tonight I have been working out the 2nd revised small-scale painting. Then I will reproduce it onto a piece of 30x40" Masonite which will be installed on the wall. (The client liked the idea of having the mural painted onto a removable surface so they could take it with them if/when they ever moved.)

Image is from the first draft paintings. Strange-looking lil' buggers ain't they?!
What insect would you like me to paint on your wall?! (The revised version will include a butterfly and a couple ladybugs too!)

Image; (c) 2011 Jeanne Guerin-Daley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)