Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Layla-Progressing...

"Layla" (in progress)  9x12" Acrylic
My latest pet portrait: a beautiful black Lab named Layla.

Thought I'd show you an "in-progress" picture as well as the reference photo I am using.

As you can see, I decided to make some changes in regards to the background and the composition.I placed Layla's head a touch below center of a vertical oriented painting.

I also have begun to add some greenery-type images. I feel it makes for a more colorful image than the reference photo shows. Plus, the idea of Layla being surrounded by beautiful leaves and shrubbery images added another dimension to the meaning of the painting.

Do you agree?

Comments? Please, take a moment and share your thoughts!


"Layla" (Reference photo).  Photo by Cathe Deets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)