Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Photo of Dragonfly Mural So Far

Here's an in-progress shot of what's up with that dragonfly mural which I've been painting. It's hard to see here, but there a couple more dragonflies which are sketched in lightly, in white in the lower left area.

After discussing with the clients, (a couple who are expecting a baby boy very soon) we agreed that painting it on a surface other than the wall would be the way to go. So after my husband cut a sheet of Masonite to 30" x 40" complete with rounded corners, I went at it with paint.

The white leaves you see will be yellow and green. The white is just a sort of primer layer to cover the background sky blue and green leafy textures. I think that I may put a bit more color on the butterfly. It's progressing!
  

Comments are welcomed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)