Friday, January 21, 2011

Conchita's Passing: Four Years Later

It has been just about four years since I experienced the very sad event of the death of my mother, Conchita Guerin. I can't believe it has been that long of a time.

I still remember being overcome with grief at the loss of her, yet also feeling a twinge of relief that her/our* painful fight with Alzheimer's Disease had come to an end.

*I refer to a fact which I discovered: when one family member has this disease, it truly affects everyone, and is everyone's fight.

 She was such a wonderful human being; I feel the desire to share my thoughts about her again.
Four years ago, I wrote a blog post about her. Here is a link to it.

http://jeanneguerin-daley.blogspot.com/2007/01/good-bye-conchita.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)