Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Day at Girard College

Yesterday I was able to contribute to the Giant Surge of Volunteerism that spreads across our country every year on MLK Day, thanks to the memory of that great man Martin Luther King.

I helped out an event held at Girard College where all kinds of things were offered to the attendees. I was at one of the two Phila. Mural Arts tables, the one where kids could help to color in a huge paper drawing of Dr King. They had crayons, colored pencils, markers, and a cool new thing called slip sticks [I think!] They were like oil pastels contained in a plastic holder and could be raised up and lowered like a stick of lipstick. Very fun to draw with!

I posted a couple photos of the activity on my Facebook page too. I am very grateful that I could be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)