Monday, October 19, 2009

Twitteritis

I think I'm coming down with something. I call it "Twitteritis." I can't seem to stop spending hours of time on twitter and face book! I mean, it's great that I have figured out how to post pictures of my artwork and photos, so I can share with friends and fans, but I'm afraid these hours are carving a big chunk of time out of my day!!! I really need to start carefully watching my time spent online!!!!

So, in an effort to heal myself of this affliction, I vow to get off this computer (right after I post the next post which I've already written) and I promise to stay off the computer for the rest of the day!!!!! Can she do it? I guess we'll just hafta see!  I'm going to try!
I'll do one more post on this blog, one on my Face Book Page, then one last quick tweet, and no more today!
I'll  let you know how I did tomorrow...or the next day,...  :)

(My twitter name is JeannePaints. Look me up at http://twitter.com  ... tomorrow!)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--the computer is your tool. Use it as you need it, but falling into a big hole of wasted time is always a real possibility. I know I've found myself shaken from a computer trance brought on by following links posted by friends, only to find that I've spent over an hour watching videos of baby animals sneezing...in order to prevent more of this, I'm probably the only reference librarian I know who doesn't go on the computer when I come home from work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean, Karla! I am definitely guilty of wasting precious time watching funny videos. Not only that, I think they're so funny that I feel I need to share them, thereby spreading the time-wasting opportunity throughout the world, one Internet user at a time! So, forgive me, my productive friends out there! .... But then the other side of the coin of course is,... once in a while, we all do need a break and a laugh!
    I guess the tough part is simply knowing where to draw that line between work and play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I did it! I stayed off the computer for twenty hours! Next, maybe I'll try two days!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)