Saturday, May 03, 2008

Wow! Thank you, Jeni Barton!

I feel bad for all the artists who were on Jeni Barton's mailing list and learned about the FREE seminar she gave on Saturday in Wilmington but didn't go!

The subject of the class was "The Business of Art." To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth my time and gas. Driving from Upper Darby Pa to Wilmington is about a 45 minute car ride for me. But when I got the email from Jeni announcing her class, I decided that I should check it out.

I am so glad I did! I will say that I have learned a lot about the business of art in the past couple years because I'm the kind of person that will do the research needed to find something out if I feel it is something I should know. I know how to use a search engine; I have learned many points about my art business over the past couple years. But I was correct in the assumption that I didn't know it all yet! I went to Jeni's class today and learned quite a lot of useful info! And all it cost me was an afternoon and a quarter or so tank of gas. It was definitely worth going!

(Here's a tip: she mentioned maybe doing this seminar annually, so if I were you, I'd make a point to go the next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)