Friday, July 06, 2007

Gryphon Cafe, MuralArts

Geez, it’s been a long time since I had the time to make an entry here!
Gotta make it short though. Got lots to do.


I’ve been busy job hunting; I'm looking for something full-time (gotta pay the bills!) and am also trying to find time to keep producing artwork for ARTsisters shows. I have two pieces hanging now in the show at the Gryphon Café in Wayne, PA. Opening reception will be Thursday July 12th 7 – 9pm. Stop in and say "hi" if you like.
Gryphon Cafe is about a mile and a half west of the Blue Route (I-476) on Lancaster Ave (Rte 30). Click here for map
(Click here for more info)

I have also been busy working on a mural design as a part of the Philadelphia Mural Arts Training Program for up-and-coming muralists. I’m working on a design for a wall at 18th and Mt Vernon (which is a few blocks north of Vine).

Here’s a photo of a (very) rough sketch so far as well as a photo of the wall. It's a school wall that faces a playground.




Things will change. Am still working out a few issues, (proportions and vantage point decisions) before I get into any detail.

I’m having a blast with it!

The Philly Folk Fest is coming up in a month or so (Aug 17-19). Am working on ideas for that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)