Monday, April 08, 2013

Camping: good for the muse

I just had an amazingly wonderful weekend, camping up in the Pocono mountains with family and friends. It was a much needed vacation from the day-to-day stresses which had been attacking me. (It happens every year around this time... tax time, you know,...)

It was little on the cold side Friday night, but we still had a blast hanging out with Mother Earth.
I did a little plein air painting and painted a little landscape of pine trees. It still needs a few finishing touches before I am completely finished and ready to show it.

This week I will meet with my fellow ARTsisters on Wednesday and I might even get to an Art League meeting on Friday for a change! (Haven't been able to attend many of them of late.)

I also wanted to mention, I found a typo on my blog page which tells about the painting workshops at Michaels stores. On one of the June dates I had typed a three instead of a six, so it appeared to be a March date. All fixed now!

Last week in class we painted a simple yet interesting design with tree branches in the foreground and a background of a multi-colored sky. The students learned some tricks about how to blend colors using quick-drying acrylic paints.

Come paint with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)