Sunday, May 27, 2012

Three Purple Irises Are Coming to Phoenixville!



"Three Purple Irises" Watercolor, (C) 2012 Jeanne Guerin-Daley
Today I realized that I have left only a couple days before I need to have ready 1-2 pieces of art for an ARTsisters group show in Phoenixville, PA.  So I did a little self-critique of my recent work.

At any given moment I tend to have several pieces that range from "just-started" to "in-progress," to "maybe-finished?" and sometimes, "definitely-finished."

So keeping in mind the specs of the exhibit (sometimes there are size restrictions, etc.) I make decisions on hiw best to prepare for the show. Sometimes it means carving out extra time in order to finish something, which can be nerve-wracking if things don't go smoothly or quickly enough... (One can't rush one's artist's muse!) Other times, I just need to work out framing solutions.

This particular time I got lucky. I had recently finished a watercolor of three purple irises from my garden. I was pleased with the results. During the search for a mat and frame, I found a work that had been shown several times, several years ago, and although I did still like the work, I knew I wasn't planning to be exhibiting it again anytime soon, so I simply took that out the frame, released the framing tape bond which held it into my matboard "sandwich" and inserted my new painting into the mat. 

Saved myself time, money, and space. (Until I choose to re-frame the old work, I can store it in a flat folder!)  Pictured here is the new work to which I refer.

If you would like to see it in person, here are the exhibition details:

WHEN: Show runs June 1 through July 2. Opening reception is on the first day, June 1, 6-9pm*
WHERE: Phoenixvillage Art Center, 207-209 Bridge Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460.

Phoenixvillage Art Center's Contact Info:
Website: http://phoenixvillageartcenter.org
Email: phxvillage@verizon.net
Phone Number: 610-983-9430

ARTsisters website: http://www.artsisters.org

*June 1st Reception is part of the First Friday celebration in Phoenixville and is Free and Open to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)