Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pablo PIG-Casso and Tie-Dye Piggy








Pablo PIG-Casso is the name I chose for one of the two pigs that I decorated for Adopt-a-Pig. We ARTsisters were asked to volunteer our time and talents to benefit this worthy cause.

I took photocopies of Picasso's work and collaged them all over the piggy's body. In the face area is a photo of the artist. I think it turned out rather well. I had fun making it. How could I not? It was made not for money or profit but with love. My two pigs, (they are actually piggy banks) along with others that were decorated by my fellow ARTsisters will be auctioned off for charity sometime around Labor Day. I don't have the info of when/where yet. Hopefully ARTsister Sandi Lovitz can get that info out. She coordinated the project.



 Tie-Dye Piggy came from the influence of the folk fest where many folks love to wear bright tie-dye clothing. I thought it would be fun to paint a tie dye with acrylic. It was!
 I believe Adopt-a-pig has a website and a face book page. You'll hafta google it though. I'm too sleepy right now. Gotta get to bed and have some little piggy dreams....  oink oink .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)