Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cyanotype Workshop at Main Line Art Center - Blog Post #2

As promised, here are more pix that will show you what went down at the Main Line Art Center in Haverford, PA last Friday. The kids and I had a great time making cyanotype prints!

Here is Dan, the camp director, giving me a very nice introduction to the campers.

 After briefly explaining the process to the kids, I began to lay down leaves onto my pretreated paper
 Exposing in sunlight. Just as I laid it in the sun, this cloud moved in and gave us shade! Shrugging my shoulders, I explained that that was part of the process. You can't always count on the sun being there! Luckily, before long, the cloud moved on. More clouds took turns coming and going as time went on!


Here, I am showing them the color change to look for, halfway through exposure.













After running around the grounds, collecting found objects from nature (grass, leaves, stones, flowers,...) here the kids are composing their own designs on their papers.




Exposure time!











And finally, developing their cyanotypes in the water bath.

 The campers all seemed to have a wonderful time. I know I did!
 ~ ~ ~
PS-Sending out a big thank-you to the adult counselor/helper who agreed to photograph the event with my camera so I could post this.  I'm so sorry, I didn't catch her name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)