Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pricing Artwork

Yesterday I left a few new pieces at the framer's. Getting ready for a couple group shows. I wasn't able to get in any creative time for artwork, but I did do some figuring work on my pricing. Since I have a couple pieces that are much larger than my normal working size, I felt it was necessary to revisit this area. I have found that for an artist to determine a fair price for a piece is not an easy job. One must figure in many factors: one's labor time invested in creating the piece, the cost of materials used, framing materials, other factors, ... it's enough to make one's head spin!  But it's necessary if I want to feel my art has a fair price on it. I believe I am very close to solving the problem with a formula with which I can use for pieces from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)