Sunday, November 01, 2009

It's an FTK Halloween

It's such a shame that it was such a crappy rainy day this Halloween. I'm sure that was why the traffic was light this year. Can the kids get a rain date?! Hey, sports teams do it, organizations that hold outdoor events do it. As a mom, I enjoy seeing the little kids out in the neighborhood showing off their costumes! The first year that my husband and I were in this house back in 1986, our visiting friend Casey kept a count. I think there was about 60 kids that came to the door! Since then, the number has varied (we don't keep count anymore, I just estimate!) but never have I seen such a light night as this one. Twice I went to the door to give out candy! Twice! usually it's every couple minutes that someone's at the door! Oh heck, I guess my kids are going to eat all this candy now! Can I hand them the dentist bill?  (Actually I kind of didn't mind. once dinner was made, I was playing around with my watercolors so I really didn't mind the absence of interruption!)


Are you wondering what the pumpkin means?

FTK means "For The Kids" and it's a motto that is stated by members of THON, A Penn State organization (of which my son Dave is a member) - THON holds fund raising events to raise money for pediatric cancer research. As a matter of fact, the flea market that was supposed to be held a couple weeks ago was canceled due to rain, and Dave tells me they have decided to reschedule it again in mid November-Nov 14th.  I'll remind you folks again when it gets closer to the date.
(Maybe I'll get a table and sell some art 'n stuff! I'll let you know.)
To find out about THON, visit http://THON.org


To read about the story behind the four diamonds, you need to go to http://www.thon.org/whatisthon/4d
(It's actually a really cool story!)

Hey, did you know that THON is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world?!
Happy FTK Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)