Monday, July 06, 2009

July Art Exhibit at Gryphon Cafe: July Trilogy

Early this morning, I went to the Gryphon Café (105 W Lancaster Av, Wayne PA) to hang [my part of] the July show. I am sharing the available wall space with two other artists: Dae Rebeck-Sanchez and Pat Jordan. We plan to host an artists’ reception there on Friday, July 17th, from 5 till 7 pm.

Please consider stopping in if you're not otherwise occupied at the time. I'd love to see you! We will be offering red and white wine and finger food type appetizers. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at the Cafe's counter. You can treat your stomach with food and drink, and treat your eyes to some interesting artworks!
The exhibit is entitled
"July Trilogy: Artworks by

Jeanne Guerin-Daley, Pat Jordan and Dae Rebeck-Sanchez
Pastels, Photographs and Mixed Media

I have some recently completed pastels hanging that have not yet been seen on the website or at any other venue as of today. This show will hang until August 2nd. Sold items will continue to hang until the end of the show, so this will be the last chance you will have to view my pastel entitled “Sunflower Play.” That sold this morning at the hanging. (They’re going fast, folks!)


My white azalea painting on which I had been working on lately and of which I had posted some pictures on this blog, has finally been completed matted and framed. Thanks to some of my fellow ARTsisters, their feedback from a recent crit helped me to steer myself in the right direction on it. And buying that softer, whiter pastel stick that I needed really helped it to make the grade. Come see!


Above is a preview of one of the pieces hanging there now.


Image:

"Terry's Mountain Laurel"

Pastel on Wallis Paper

(c) 2008 Jeanne Guerin-Daley


Work will hang until August 2nd.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)