Thursday, June 04, 2009

Current Art Events in the Philly area

First Friday has come!
I'm not quite ready for it! With the roof job, family biz, art biz, and all the rest of the normal stuff going on, it just snuck up on me! I am sorry I haven't had time to really put together a proper newsletter or post regarding things that are happening around town. I still haven't yet verified my sceduled show in July at Gryphon.

But that shouldn't stop me from letting you know about a few things if I can.

For one, my good friend Beverly Benson, a fellow artist, will be debuting at a "New Faces Exhibit" at Artists' House Gallery in Old City, Philadelphia. The gallery is located at 57 North Second Street, and the reception is June 5th from 5 to 8:30 pm. There will also be a Sunday reception on June 7th, 1-4 pm This reception will feature a classical guitarist, Marisol Rampolla.
The gallery's phone number is 215-923-8440
Website: http://www.artistshouse.com

Beverly paints wonderfully rich and colorful pastels and oil paintings. I highly recommend everyone to treat themselves to the pleasure of enjoying the view. Her pastels dance in a way that I wish my pastels would dance for me. And her oils are just as lovely and delightful.

Another event:
June 9th Tuesday evening FROM 6 TO 8PM
Linda Dubin Garfield, the president of ARTsisters, and the smARTs behind smARTbusinessconsulting.com, will be part of a mini seminar/networking event.
For details click here.

There are other individual ARtsisters events happening, too numerous to mention. I also had other thoughts to expand upon but have not the time nor the energy to do it now.

As Clint Eastwood told us in a movie once: "A man's has got to know his limitations." (I assume that goes for women too!) I must accept my limitations and do my best in spite of them.

Stay dry!


Oh, and one more thing:
Wednesday, June 10th, from 7-9pm, Artists' reception at Gryphon Cafe (105 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne PA 19087) Come out and enjoy free refreshment and see current work by the ARTsisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)