Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall Musings

Wow. Almost a month after the festival is over and I have finally gotten my photos somewhat organized. Will post some soon. I am just way too busy right now!
(The photo to the right shows a Wildwood Crest dune fence. I visited there a couple days in August)

Over the years I have learned a lot of tricks to being organized and getting the work done in minimal time. But sometimes things just get crazy, making it more and more of a challenge!

I have finished the Children's Ark mural, but it still needs a coat of varnish to protect the paint job.

I have been working a couple days a week at a local frame shop, as well as some days doing [house] painting, which makes it more of a challenge to carve out time for fine art, murals, and of course, family time.
But I firmly believe that if someone wants something bad enough, and they're willing to do what it takes, then they can succeed! Call it what you will: persistence, stubbornness,...
I don't know what it is; I just know that I need to do my art. It's a living, breathing force deep within my heart that won't be silenced.

So, bit by bit, day by day, I plod along slowly getting things done.
The website needs updating, some recent works need photographing, matting and framing, the house needs cleaning, there are dishes in the sink,... before I despair and complain that it all won't get done, I try to keep that whininess in check. (That's not even a word, is it?!)
I remember that I'm lucky enough to be far from the storm-damaged areas of our country and still have a roof over my head. I have a loving family (and a large extended family) who are always there when I need them.
I had a wonderful mom who, although she passed two years ago, still inspires me to do my best with whatever I'm doing. Memories of her years of intelligent and loving guidance help me get through my busy day. How lucky is that?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)