Monday, June 23, 2008

Whole Foods Event: Tomorrow


Quick reminder: Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 24th, from 3 to 5 pm, I will be at the whole Food Market in Wynnewood showing one piece of art. (More details about location, etc... two posts down from here...)

I will have free postcards of my cyanotype/pastel piece, "Orchids in the Mist" (pictured here) for anyone who would like one! Come on out and support First Friday Main Line if you can!

* * * * *

These days I am busy with many things, not much time for new cyanotypes. But while I wait for a chance to devote time to that activity, I am "painting in my head." I imagine other artists do this too, I don't know, but there are many times when I see an image, get an idea for a piece of art, but I can't do it right then. (I might be driving at the time or just busy with something else) If I can make marks in a little sketch pad I do, but when I can't, I simply spend the time making mental notes, discussing with my inner artist how I might tackle that particular idea. I visualize doing it one way, then another, focusing in on what my final impression might be.

I think doing that exercises my artist brain, and also makes it a bit easier when I actually have pencil in hand (...or leaf in hand, in the case of my cyanotypes.) On long driving trips, it sure is a great way to pass the time since my car radio is broken!

I'm curious: do any other artists do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)