Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chalk Art this weekend at Tabor Days!

The school year is ending soon and it's a busy time for this mom of four teenagers.
Come August, I won't be able to say that anymore, when my oldest will turn twenty!
With a high school senior/soon-to-be graduate, it's time to clean out the cobwebs and clutter throughout the house and prepare for a party!

And with the First Friday Main Line event at Merion Art & Repro coming so soon (June 6th,) I have been concentrating on finishing ongoing works and preparing for matting and framing,... Some of my art is already hanging in the window, but much more will be available for show and sale on June 6th (For more info on this event, see ***below).

So I spent much of the Memorial Day holiday weekend splitting time between house work and artwork. Doing the artwork was oh-so-much-more-fun! I am having a blast with pastels!

Just to stir the pot a bit more, I now have information about another event in which I will be participating. A couple ARTsister friends of mine (Leslie DeBrocky and Marji Lewis Quint) and I will be creating chalk art this coming weekend (May 31st and June 1st) at a festival geared for kids. It's called Tabor Days and it's presented by Tabor Children's Services in Doylestown, PA (Sat 10-4, Sun Noon -4)
Looks like a lot of fun and it benefits at-risk children and families. Affordable too! ($5/person or $20/family) More info at http://www.tabor.org

*** General info on First Friday Main Line at http://www.FirstFridayMainLine.com
For a brief description of my art click here, then look for the picture of the German Shepard.

Now I have to get back to my chalk art project sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)