Sunday, March 30, 2008

ARTsisters Art Exhibit at Viking Culinary Arts Center

Yesterday, I walked through the back yard carrying some firewood and didn't see the iron rake on the ground. Up came the handle, smacking me clean between the eyes. Logs went flying everywhere and I was out before I hit the ground.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


When I came to, with a splitting headache, this is what I saw. Pretty neat, huh. Last summer this Rose of Sharon bush was filled with blossoms. Over the winter this is what still stands.
Sometimes you have to have bad things happen to you in order to find some good things about life.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And sometimes it's just fun to play a little. April Fools!

I was just kidding about the accident. I actually simply crouched down low to take this photo! (Sorry, I couldn't resist. April Fool's Day hasn't been around for 366 days!)

On another note (and I'm telling the truth now;..)

I'd like to invite you to come out and join the ARTsisters this May 2nd at the Viking Culinary Art Center. It's at One Town Place on Lancaster Ave in Bryn Mawr, behind Staples. Here's a link for a mapquest map of where it is. This will be one of the many First Friday Main Line art exhibits along Lancaster Ave, from Ardmore to Bryn Mawr, PA. You can park for free from 5pm on, and hop on the trolley that takes you to various art events (visual and performing) along Lancaster Avenue from Ardmore, into Haverford, to Bryn Mawr.

Reception times for Friday, the 2nd, are from 5 to 9 pm.
If Friday isn't a good day for you, there will also be an artist's reception at Viking on Sunday May 4th from noon to 2 pm.
A percentage of sales from the show will be donated to the Food Bank, helping to feed needy people in the community. You can visit http://ARTsisters.org/schedule for more info.


Coming up in June,
I am pleased to announce that Merion Art & Repro has asked me to be their featured artist for First Friday Main Line. you will find my latest artwork in the storefront window, as well as throughout the store on June 6th, 2008 Reception is June 6th (First Friday of the month) from 6 to 9 I believe. (I'll confirm that when the time gets closer.)

Fellow Pennsylvanians:
Enjoy this slowly warming Spring weather, and remember, always tell the truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)