Sunday, June 26, 2016

"American Dreams" at Old City Jewish Art Center

"Orlando Eagle" (c) 2016 Jeanne Guerin-Daley

Artwork by members of ARTsisters will be exhibited for the month of July at the Old City Jewish Art Center, located at 119 N 3rd Street in Philadelphia PA. 19106. OCJAC is between Arch and Cherry Streets.
To read an article about the exhibition, click here:
http://www.jewishexponent.com/culture/2016/06/from-founding-mothers-to-artsisters-defining-the-american-dream

I have had numerous reasons why my art productivity has slowed lately, (am being pulled in many directions) but I stepped it up a notch in order to create something for this exhibit. Each ARTsister was to create artwork relating what the "American Dream" means to her. No doubt many images will be positive ones, especially with the Democratic Convention happening in Philadelphia very soon.

My painting's message is not so positive, since I chose to paint a reaction to the recent murders in Orlando, Florida and what it has done to our country. (I tried to insert a photo of the painting here, but am having tech problems. For some reason, Blogger wants to place it in sideways! Apologies. I guess you'll just have to come see the exhibit to see my painting.) Fixed it!


There will be two receptions for this show:
First Friday: July 1 from 5 until 9pm
and
Sunday afternoon: July 24 from 2 until 4 pm.
Reception is free and open to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)