Sunday, October 27, 2013

Riverbend Recharge

 Camping Recharges my Soul!

This afternoon, I returned home from a camping trip with some family and friends. It was a much-needed recharge for me, a nature refill for my soul. Nature's beauty never fails to disappoint there.


I returned the gift of being able to enjoy such a lovely place, with giving a full weekend of creative productivity.* 



 During daylight hours, I set up an easel and painted a nearby tree scene.

It was a lovely spot, just a few steps away from the campfire. This allowed me to focus on painting, while at the same time, being a part of the conversations of the group around the campfire. 

In the distance, past the pine trees, was a tree with bright golden colored leaves. That caught my eye, and the sunlit patches on the foreground leading up to the tree, was what made my decision to paint the scene.
 

I was hoping to finish the painting on site, but I wasn't able to. This pic shows my progress on Saturday.
 
The painting is much more developed now; just haven't had the chance to photograph it again yet.

*When I lost daylight, I crocheted by flashlight* - my latest product: fingerless gloves.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)