Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Odie & Miles Thompson

I have recently started a pet portrait, a commission for a friend and repeat collector, and I am thoroughly enjoying the process of creating the pup's image in paint. It's funny how it is never the same. Each image is different, and each time the process can vary from enjoyable to frustrating, back to fun,...

With my art, I never know how it will go. What is it about the artist's muse that causes this variation? Sometimes, things just seem to come out smoothly, everything falls into place easily,... other times, it's a fight for every brushstroke!

It is my love for the whole creative process that keeps me going during those rough times, and reminds me that painting is work. I enjoy it so much that it often feels like play, but it is work.  Sometimes I might not feel like painting yet I do it anyway, because of my work ethic. Painting is what I do. Plus, if I'm in a struggling period, then I know that the more I keep working, the sooner I will move out of it and move into a nicer mode!

I am sorry I do not have a picture of Odie* yet. Soon I think,...



*Odie is the name of the dog whose image I am painting.

By the way- here's an FYI for local music lovers...
This Thursday, Mermaid Inn in Chestnut Hill, Miles Thompson Band is playing! I hope to be able to go. I highly recommend going if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)