Monday, May 23, 2011

Home from Spring Gulch Festival where my husband and I help work stage management. That is, when we're healthy. Sunday morning his stomach rebelled against something he ate I guess, and my mild sore throat began to get worse. Today, he is beginning to feel better, my sore throat has spread up to my nasal passages and I have some sneezing issues going on.

I just made a pan of garlic soup to help with the healing. Earlier I plucked some echinacea leaves from the front garden and made Echinacea/chamomile tea. (Fresh parsley, also from the garden went into the soup. gosh, I love garden season!)

Even though I feel sick, and my physical energy is low, my mental energy is still in high gear. Being sick is so frustrating for an artist because the constant flow of ideas of what to do next never seems to stop! There is never enough time in the day to try them all. Guess I should be thankful for what I do have.

I hope to be better by Wednesday to teach painting class at Michaels King of Prussia store: Roadside Cattails' is the design I picked for that evening. One of the lessons this workshops teaches is to gather from more than one source to get what you want in your painting. The painted image you see here is a composition in which I took the clouds in the sky of one reference photo, and hooked it up with the land part of another photo, to end up with a more interesting painting.
 (See photos below)
If you'd like to take a class, stop in the store and register for some classes! Info about them is on this page:
http://jeanneguerin-daley.blogspot.com/p/painting-workshops.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)