Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

So, I kept telling myself to go to bed, that I needed the rest, that I have to get up in the morning,... and I kept ignoring me.
I'm glad I did. Don't you think a lunar eclipse is a pretty cool thing to see?

At first I would step out the front door, take a look, then feel the freezing cold air race right through my sweatpants, and run back inside. I tried photographing it, no dice. Couldn't hold my camera still enough.

Then, I smartened up a little. If I opened the window in Frank's room, leaned out my head a bit, and braced the camera against the window frame, held my breath and pressed the button, I could not only get a half-decent shot, but while I was looking at the eclipse, my legs were being warmed by the radiator!

This blog is about my life as an artist. I tend to paint pictures of nature since it is always amazing me. Since I am constantly noticing the sky and what's happening up there, painting in my mind the stormy clouds and sunsets and rain and stars and dusk,.... I would say this applies to my theme...  Hmmmm. I wonder if I would be allowed to teach folks how to paint this lunar eclipse picture in my Landscape [acrylic painting] class at Michaels stores! After all, it might not be Earth, but it is Land!

What do YOU think? Would you ever want to paint something like this?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)