Monday, July 26, 2010

Tie-Dye Piggy

Tie-Dye Piggy

After spending the weekend up at the fest site doing some painting prep work for the Philadelphia Folk Festival, then attending a family party Sunday evening, I pulled out my acrylic paints and my white Adopt-a-pig and started painting.

Here is my little guy standing on the original tie dye sweatshirt which I used for reference. It isn't finished yet, but he's on his way to a colorful new outfit!

If you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about, here it is in a nutshell:

Rob Amand started the Adopt-a-Pig idea to make a difference.
The mission and goals of the Adopt a Pig program are simple: to provide coping mechanisms to children fighting cancer and their families. 

I, along with my ARTsister friends, have agreed to paint a pig or two, which will then be sold at auction. I will post more details about that as I learn them (sometime around Labor day I believe).

Here's a link to the website:
http://www.adoptapig.org/index.asp

And a link to the facebook page:
 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4453506&id=501962777#!/group.php?gid=38046667399&v=info

Hey, have a colorful day today, OK?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)