Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Barnes Foundation

I went to the Barnes Foundation today with six of my fellow ARTsisters. From what I hear, it will be in its existing home for one more year, before they move it out to center city Philly.

What a treasure we have right here in my area! (I can drive there in less than fifteen minutes.) So many European Impressionist paintings all in one place.

There were tons and tons of Renoir paintings, many Matisse, Modigliani, and Cezanne.
Also on view were paintings by Van Gogh, Seurat, Soutine, Monet, Manet, Courbet, Rouault, Braque, Gauguin, and Degas.

There were also some earlier (before the impressionist period) works like Bosch,
El Greco, Daumier, and I believe I saw a Delacroix too.

Nothing like a museum trip to inspire one's muse!
Here's a little study of blossoms I did the other day. Interactive Acrylic paint on archival foamcore. Measures 6" high by 7.5" wide.
(Image: Copyright 2010 Jeanne Guerin-Daley. All Rights Reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)