Thursday, June 10, 2010

Maxfield Parrish Skies

Storms can make for some awesome Maxfield Parrish skies!

I have been neglecting this blog for awhile. Please forgive me. It's graduation time. My favorite (and only!) daughter just graduated high school this morning, and much of my time has been filled with the many tasks involving party preparation, (getting the house in order, scraping, spackling, and repainting bathroom walls, repainting outdoor furniture) as well as end-of-year activities like awards ceremonies.

We expanded our vegetable garden this year too, so time needed to be spent planting tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, kale, peppers, potatoes, ... Can't wait to eat some! (Some lettuce and kale is already just about ready for thinning-out-picking!)

Then there was absolutely the required job of running to grab my camera when those sunset Maxfield Parrish skies showed up now and again. (see photo)

No, I don't think I'm impulsive. I simply HAVE to capture nature's beauty whenever and however I can. It's a need, not a want. It's that artist's muse within me which refuses to be stifled. It's like when someone is being sedated with gas. You can't fight it; you won't win; so you might as well NOT fight it, relax, and run with it!

What do you think? Am I completely off my rocker?! (This might be one of those situations with which only other creative types can sympathize?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)