Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Nancy Halbert's Pastel Workshop



I apologize for the poor quality of this photograph.
I couldn't wait 'til morning light to take a picture of this! I shot it inside at night with a flash!
(There are a few adjustments I plan to make to the piece on the right.)

I attended a terrific pastel workshop led by Nancy Halbert today. Although I hold a degree in fine art, as of this morning I was totally self-taught when it came to soft pastels. I wanted to get more info on technique. When I heard that Nancy was holding this workshop, I immediately wanted to go! If you've ever seen her work, you'd see why! Her pastels especially (she paints too) have such a wonderful lively animated quality to them. I wanted a piece of her mind/hand/pastel knowledge...!

You can be sure there will be more pastels to come soon!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)