Friday, September 28, 2007

Quickpost



I can't believe how fast time flies!

It's been a while since my last post. I have been real busy doing a variety of things, but lately, one thing I can't wait to tell you about is my new experiment adventure! I recently learned how to make a cyanotype print, which is an alternative photographic process that uses the UV rays of the sun as the light source. The finished print consists of a beautiful Prussian blue and the white of the paper. Development chemicals are H2O-- pretty simple process; easy to learn and loads of possibilities!

I've been making use of my weed-ful garden making mono prints from the leaves and flowers from the garden. Before long, cold weather will take hold of things and all the wonderful varieties of plants will either die for the season, or will go dormant for the winter.

Using this process, I'm making the best use that I can of the shapes and textures that live in my Fall garden now.


I don't really have much time to get into now, but I will try very hard to put out a detailed post about it next week.

The end of a successful work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)