Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eagle Scout Project







This past Wednesday I had an initial meeting with a young man in my neighborhood who has asked me for help with his Eagle Scout Project. He is doing several things to beautify and improve a local park. He has planted two trees already and will be removing graffiti from the playground equipment and also from a long retaining wall (pictured above). He also plans to spread new mulch around the play area and would like to paint the wall with some sort of mural. We talked about design ideas, possibilities, practicalities and deadlines. We figured that with the right type and amount of help, it can be done in time. If you're local to the Upper Darby area and would like to offer some of your time and energy, please feel free to contact me and I'll add you to the help list. Any and all help will be much appreciated.
Some of you may know that achieving Eagle status in the scouting program is no easy feat. Anyone who has done it knows what I mean. (I have placed a link at left for folks who want more info on Eagle Scouting)
Let's all do what we can to make this attempt at making our little piece of the world better.
Stay tuned for updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your three cents. (Inflation, you know.)